Monday, February 27, 2017

Music Video Idea

"This is a song about... Loving someone who loves someone else."

David Allen Norton's song Burning Monk brings about a sense of young love reprieved and the futility of bing able to do nothing about it. Given the theme of Moose Blood's music video Gum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld88m2jLhwY), my plan is to shoot majorly during early dusk and evening time in the hear of Chicago.
I plan to focus mainly on a central plotline that streams off into little snippets of my leading character in his natural habitat, unaware of the camera. My hope is to create a love story centered around David Allen's words, focusing on light and the city life of people around my character as if he were a solitary ghost moving about everyone else in their everyday lives. David Allen often mentions the word "sonder (the definition of walking about at a leisurely pace and realizing everyone else about you has their own story)," and I plan to embody that sense through the filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment